Rutland Police investigating car window-breaking rampageStaff Report | January 23,2013Vyto Starinskas / Staff Photo
Vyto Starinskas Photo - One of the dozens of cars that were damaged in an overnight spree of breaking windows.
More than 50 cars and at least two businesses were damaged during the early morning hours today by an unknown vandal who used a pellet gun to shoot out windows, according to city police.
There were no witnesses to the incidents, but dozens of complaints streamed into the department today from car owners who found their windows shattered.
“It was all over the city,” City Police Sgt. James Tarbell said of the incidents.
Tarbell estimated the damage would cost “tens of thousands of dollars” to repair.
Police have asked that anyone with a shot-out window or anyone who may have seen anything suspicious last night, please call 773-1820.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation