Candidate filing deadline is MondayStaff Report | January 23,2013Despite what it says on the forms, petitions to run for local office are due in to the City Clerk's office Monday.
Paperwork distributed by City Hall gives the deadline as Jan. 30. City Clerk Henry Heck said this was an error attributed to the fact that petitioners have two days to withdraw their petitions and keep their names off the ballot.
“It was just that the dates were mixed up,” he said. “Even though the deadline is the 28th, it's not an official petition until the 30th.”
Heck said he tried to get notices to everyone who took out petitions.
“If Bob Smith comes out of the hills on the 29th and says 'here's my petition,' we'll look at that then,” Heck said.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.