Reading the Herald earlier in the week I noticed that committee assignments of most of the Rutland County House members were omitted. This is to inform everyone of the committees to which we are assigned. Andy Donaghy is on Judiciary, Tom Burditt is on Human Services, Dave Potter is on Transportation, Bill Canfield is on Natural Resources and Energy, Bob Helm is on Appropriations, Tom Terenzini is on Fish, Wildlife and Water Resources, Larry Cupoli is on Education, Herb Russell is on Transportation, Doug Gage is on Health Care, Steve Carr is on Commerce and Economic Development, Butch Shaw is on Corrections and Institutions, John Malcolm is on Natural Resources and Energy, Anne Gallivan is on Transportation, Dennis Devereux is on Goverment Operations and I (Peter Fagan) am on Appropriations. To contact us at the Statehouse the phone number is 802-828-2228. The city representatives shall be writing the Herald every other week to update you on the progress of bills being introduced to assist with drug crime. It is an honor to serve and from all of us thank you for your support.
Rep. PETER FAGAN
RutlandMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.