West Rutland woman injured by hit-and-run driverStaff Report | January 21,2013PITTSFORD — A West Rutland woman was injured Saturday night by a hit-and-run driver who fled the scene without stopping and offering help.
Naomi Taylor, 29, was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of her injuries, according to Vermont State Police. A spokeswoman at the hospital said she had no information on a patient with her name.
Taylor was walking southbound on Route 7, near Taylor Road, shortly after 8 p.m. when she was struck by a northbound vehicle, police said.
Police said they believe that the right side of the vehicle struck Taylor.
Pittsford and Brandon police, aided by state police, were at the scene.
Police officers investigating the accident couldn’t be reached for comment Sunday. Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call Vermont State Police Sgt. Chris Barber at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation