BURLINGTON — Champlain College’s online degree program is among the top-ranked programs in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report.
U.S. News released its “2013 Best Online Education Report,” ranking online degree and distance learning programs, and for the first time ranked them numerically.
There will be no print component to the Best Online Education rankings. However, U.S. News plans to include highlights in both the “Best Graduate Schools 2014” and “Best Colleges 2014” printed guidebooks.
Champlain’s online bachelor’s degree program is ranked 54th out of 237 participating schools, putting it in the top one-quarter of all the regionally accredited for-profit, private and public institutions that grant bachelor’s degrees through online degree programs.
The full list is at www.usnews.com/online-education.
Online degree programs in business, IT and health care have been under way at Champlain College since the 1990s.
About 800 people are enrolled online at Champlain College.MORE IN National / World BusinessNEW YORK — A report this week in The Wall Street Journal that Amazon is planning to release a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.