Vt. hospital busy after drug sweepJanuary 19,2013BENNINGTON — The Vermont hospital that serves the area where police conducted one of the largest drug sweeps in state history is seeing more patients seeking treatment for drug withdrawal symptoms.
Southwestern Vermont Medical Center Emergency Director Dr. Adam Cohen said patients began seeking treatment Wednesday afternoon while the long-planned drug operation in Bennington County was still under way.
Cohen wouldn’t provide numbers, but he told the Bennington Banner that “you can definitely connect” the increase in patients seeking treatment for drug withdrawal with the police operation.
He said he expects the trend to continue for at least a week.
On Wednesday more than 100 police officers carried out “Operation County Strike.” It resulted in the arrest of 48 people, most on illegal drug charges. Arrests are continuing.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation