Bennington Select Board budget meeting todayJanuary 19,2013BENNINGTON — The Bennington Select Board will meet this morning at 8 in what’s expected to be the final of three meetings to prepare the budget that will be put before voters at town meeting in March.
The meeting will be in the conference room at the Bennington town offices. While the board is meeting at an unusual time and place, the meeting is open to the public.
At the meeting, the Select Board is scheduled to meet with representatives of the Bennington Free Library and the John G. McCullough Free Library in North Bennington. Both libraries receive money from the town every year. Unlike other agencies, the libraries’ appropriations are in the municipal budget and not individually approved by voters.
The Select Board hosted similar meetings on Jan. 5 and 12. While it’s possible the Select Board members could decide they need another meeting, Town Manager Stuart Hurd said Friday he expects today’s meeting to be the last special meeting before the budget is finalized.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?