Robbery attempt reported outside Rutland pharmacyJanuary 18,2013Police seek
Rutland police say they are searching for a man who reportedly tried to steal a bag of prescription drugs from a man walking with crutches outside a city pharmacy.
Police were called to Walgreens Pharmacy on Woodstock Avenue at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday where Felix Krowinski told police he was approached outside the store by a roughly 60-year-old man who grabbed his prescription bag and tried to wrench it out of his hand, according to Rutland Police Sgt. James Tarbell.
Krowinski said he held onto the bag and kept his balance long enough for his wife Susan to come to his aid.
The Rutland couple told police that the unidentified man fled the scene in an orange or rust colored SUV, Tarbell said.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call city police at 773-1816.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.