Robbery attempt reported outside Rutland pharmacyJanuary 18,2013Police seek
Rutland police say they are searching for a man who reportedly tried to steal a bag of prescription drugs from a man walking with crutches outside a city pharmacy.
Police were called to Walgreens Pharmacy on Woodstock Avenue at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday where Felix Krowinski told police he was approached outside the store by a roughly 60-year-old man who grabbed his prescription bag and tried to wrench it out of his hand, according to Rutland Police Sgt. James Tarbell.
Krowinski said he held onto the bag and kept his balance long enough for his wife Susan to come to his aid.
The Rutland couple told police that the unidentified man fled the scene in an orange or rust colored SUV, Tarbell said.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call city police at 773-1816.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.