Robbery attempt reported outside Rutland pharmacyJanuary 18,2013Police seek
Rutland police say they are searching for a man who reportedly tried to steal a bag of prescription drugs from a man walking with crutches outside a city pharmacy.
Police were called to Walgreens Pharmacy on Woodstock Avenue at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday where Felix Krowinski told police he was approached outside the store by a roughly 60-year-old man who grabbed his prescription bag and tried to wrench it out of his hand, according to Rutland Police Sgt. James Tarbell.
Krowinski said he held onto the bag and kept his balance long enough for his wife Susan to come to his aid.
The Rutland couple told police that the unidentified man fled the scene in an orange or rust colored SUV, Tarbell said.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call city police at 773-1816.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.