Robbery attempt reported outside Rutland pharmacyJanuary 18,2013Police seek
Rutland police say they are searching for a man who reportedly tried to steal a bag of prescription drugs from a man walking with crutches outside a city pharmacy.
Police were called to Walgreens Pharmacy on Woodstock Avenue at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday where Felix Krowinski told police he was approached outside the store by a roughly 60-year-old man who grabbed his prescription bag and tried to wrench it out of his hand, according to Rutland Police Sgt. James Tarbell.
Krowinski said he held onto the bag and kept his balance long enough for his wife Susan to come to his aid.
The Rutland couple told police that the unidentified man fled the scene in an orange or rust colored SUV, Tarbell said.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call city police at 773-1816.MORE IN This Just InBig movie day at Town Hall Theater Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.