Former Vt. Principal arrested in NHJanuary 18,2013CLAREMONT, N.H. — Police say a former Vermont school principal has been arrested on a shoplifting charge at a New Hampshire Wal-Mart.
Susan Whittemore of Perkinsville, Vt., was arrested last week in Claremont. She’s scheduled to appear in court on March 25.
The Eagle-Times reports 56-year-old Whittemore had taught fourth grade before serving as principal at Union Street Elementary School and Elm Hill Primary School in Springfield. She retired in October 2011.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and sports reporter Tom Haley discuss some of the stories... Full StorySPRINGFIELD - Rescue crews from Springfield and Hartford's swiftwater rescue team Tuesday morning... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.