MONTPELIER — Maple syrup and skiing usually aren’t bedfellows, but during Vermont Specialty Food Days, ski resorts and food vendors team up to provide free samples of specialty foods from around the state.
Featured items include Vermont maple syrup, Cabot cheddar cheese, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters products, Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, Liz Lovely cookies, Vermont Peanut Butter, Nutty Steph’s granola, Vermont Smoke and Cure items, and Two Guys in Vermont soups.
Vermont Specialty Food Days are scheduled for: Jan. 25, Jay Peak Resort; Jan. 26, Burke Mountain Ski Area; Jan. 29, Mad River Glen; Feb. 9, Bromley Mountain Ski Resort; Feb. 10, Magic Mountain Ski Area; Feb. 16, Middlebury College Snow Bowl; Feb. 19, Smugglers’ Notch Resort; March 9, Rikert Nordic Center; March 10, Stratton Mountain Resort; March 17, Bolton Valley Resort; March 30, Killington Resort; March 31, Pico Mountain; April 6, Mount Snow.
The partnership is organized by the Vermont Ski Areas Association, the Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets, and the Vermont Maple Foundation.MORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER — The Lake Champlain Chamber Music Festival opened Sunday with one of the most... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.