SOUTH BURLINGTON — Organizers of a gun show in South Burlington say people who sell firearms from their private collections will be required to do background checks on potential buyers.
The Green Mountain Gun Show will be held this weekend.
Licensed gun dealers are required to do background checks on gun buyers. But gun show organizer Bill Borchers told the Burlington Free Press that people selling guns from their private collections are not legally required to conduct such checks.
Borchers said he will require all private vendors to do background checks on all buyers following concerns about mass shootings in recent years.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules voted Thursday to certify its earlier rejection... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation