ST. JOHNSBURY — Vermont’s St. Johnsbury Athenaeum has hired a new curator of collections.
The athenaeum announced Wednesday the appointment of Robert Joly to the post.
Last month, the athenaeum laid off some staff members and restructured full- and part-time positions.
Earlier this month, about 200 people protested the move and called on the library’s trustees to rethink their decision to reduce the staff.
The Athenaeum is a private, not-for-profit public library and art gallery.
Joly joined the athenaeum in 2004 working primarily in library services while expanding his experience in the presentation and preservation of the athenaeum’s collection.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation