HYDE PARK — A Vermont man who has been convicted twice of murder and then had those convictions reversed has returned to court.
Dennis Tribble is facing first-degree murder in the September 2000 shooting of 43-year-old Michael Borello in North Wolcott.
The 62-year-old Tribble, who said he acted in self-defense, shot Borello repeatedly, firing once with a pistol and then going to his truck to get a shotgun before shooting the unarmed Borello several times more as he tried to get away.
The Vermont Supreme Court overturned Tribble’s conviction on Dec. 21 saying the judge made several errors. Tribble’s first conviction also had been tossed.
The Burlington Free Press reported that Tribble said in court on Wednesday that he would represent himself in his upcoming arraignment, which has not been scheduled.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Vermont kept its No. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.