Former board member sentenced for drugsJanuary 17,2013A former Hartford Select Board member was sentenced yesterday at U.S. District Court in Burlington for distributing hydrocodone in Vermont. Reginald Tatro, 63, was credited for time served and received one year of supervised release. According to court records, Tatro received a package of prescription pills the Hartford Village Post Office on Nov. 24, 2010. Police obtained a federal warrant, discovered hydrocodone and arrested Tatro.
Tatro was addicted to prescription pain medication and supported his habit by selling the drug in the Hartford area, according to prosecutors. He pleaded guilty at his arraignment last year. The case was investigated by the Southern Vermont Drug Task Force.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.