Former board member sentenced for drugsJanuary 17,2013A former Hartford Select Board member was sentenced yesterday at U.S. District Court in Burlington for distributing hydrocodone in Vermont. Reginald Tatro, 63, was credited for time served and received one year of supervised release. According to court records, Tatro received a package of prescription pills the Hartford Village Post Office on Nov. 24, 2010. Police obtained a federal warrant, discovered hydrocodone and arrested Tatro.
Tatro was addicted to prescription pain medication and supported his habit by selling the drug in the Hartford area, according to prosecutors. He pleaded guilty at his arraignment last year. The case was investigated by the Southern Vermont Drug Task Force.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.