Vt. woman sentenced to 2 years in heroin caseThe Associated Press | January 17,2013A Vermont woman has been sentenced to serve over two years in federal prison after pleading guilty to conspiring to distribute heroin.
Maria Hunton of South Burlington had faced a longer term, but the judge considered her lack of a criminal record in imposing the sentence.
Court records said the 23-year-old Hunton and her boyfriend sold large amounts of controlled substances from his home in South Burlington. The boyfriend, Ryan Orvis, has pleaded guilty to conspiring to distribute cocaine.
She was sentenced Tuesday.MORE IN This Just InPEARL HARBOR, Hawaii — About 2,500 people gathered at Pearl Harbor on Saturday to remember those... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation