Vt. woman sentenced to 2 years in heroin caseThe Associated Press | January 17,2013A Vermont woman has been sentenced to serve over two years in federal prison after pleading guilty to conspiring to distribute heroin.
Maria Hunton of South Burlington had faced a longer term, but the judge considered her lack of a criminal record in imposing the sentence.
Court records said the 23-year-old Hunton and her boyfriend sold large amounts of controlled substances from his home in South Burlington. The boyfriend, Ryan Orvis, has pleaded guilty to conspiring to distribute cocaine.
She was sentenced Tuesday.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.