Norman S. KatzJanuary 17,2013Norman S. Katz
Norman Stanley “Stan” Katz, 69, of Rutland, died Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013, at Rutland Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
He was born Feb. 23, 1943, in New Jersey, the son of Saul and Ida Katz.
He had a master’s degree in mathematics from Brandeis University and taught math, including aboard Navy ships.
Mr. Katz was a member of Unitarian Universalist Church in Rutland.
He enjoyed traveling and reading.
There are no calling hours.
The memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, at Unitarian Universalist Church of Rutland.
Burial will be at a later date in Burlington.
Memorial contributions may be made to Unitarian Universalist Church of Rutland, 117 West St., Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Tossing Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.