Norman S. KatzJanuary 17,2013Norman S. Katz
Norman Stanley “Stan” Katz, 69, of Rutland, died Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013, at Rutland Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
He was born Feb. 23, 1943, in New Jersey, the son of Saul and Ida Katz.
He had a master’s degree in mathematics from Brandeis University and taught math, including aboard Navy ships.
Mr. Katz was a member of Unitarian Universalist Church in Rutland.
He enjoyed traveling and reading.
There are no calling hours.
The memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, at Unitarian Universalist Church of Rutland.
Burial will be at a later date in Burlington.
Memorial contributions may be made to Unitarian Universalist Church of Rutland, 117 West St., Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Tossing Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.