Eileen A. YoungJanuary 16,2013
Eileen A. YoungEileen A. Young
FAIR HAVEN — Eileen Anna Eaton Young, 90, of Fair Haven died Monday, January 14, 2013, at her residence surrounded by her family.
Eileen was born on July 31, 1922, the daughter of John and Ida (Duclos) Eaton.
She graduated from the Fair Haven High School and the Castleton Normal School.
She enjoyed a career as a teacher at the Bump School in Benson.
Eileen married Hugh S. Young on July 18, 1943. They were partners in several businesses, including Young Farm Equipment, Fairmont Speedway and turkey farming.
She was a communicant of Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church.
Eileen was an accomplished artist, and enjoyed reading, gardening and yard sales.
Most importantly she loved being with all her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Survivors include five children and their children. They are: Robert Young and his wife Anita, and their children Jeffrey, Jason and Erin Young; John “Jack” Young and his wife Constance and their children Jennifer Beck and John Young; Donald Young and his wife Karen and their children Kimberly and Andrew Young; David Young and his wife Robin and their children David and Jordan; Mary Anne Young and her daughter Natalie Amershek. Eileen has five great-grandchildren Nicholas Young, Elizabeth Vivien Young, Oscar Valentine Young, Isadora Magenta Beck and Caliope Beck; several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband Hugh in 2003, and a sister Leora Ayers.
There will be no public calling hours.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013, at Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church. Burial will be in the Cedar Grove Cemetery.
Arrangements are with the Durfee Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church, 10 Washington Street, Fair Haven, VT 05743.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.