Eileen A. YoungJanuary 16,2013
Eileen A. YoungEileen A. Young
FAIR HAVEN — Eileen Anna Eaton Young, 90, of Fair Haven died Monday, January 14, 2013, at her residence surrounded by her family.
Eileen was born on July 31, 1922, the daughter of John and Ida (Duclos) Eaton.
She graduated from the Fair Haven High School and the Castleton Normal School.
She enjoyed a career as a teacher at the Bump School in Benson.
Eileen married Hugh S. Young on July 18, 1943. They were partners in several businesses, including Young Farm Equipment, Fairmont Speedway and turkey farming.
She was a communicant of Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church.
Eileen was an accomplished artist, and enjoyed reading, gardening and yard sales.
Most importantly she loved being with all her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Survivors include five children and their children. They are: Robert Young and his wife Anita, and their children Jeffrey, Jason and Erin Young; John “Jack” Young and his wife Constance and their children Jennifer Beck and John Young; Donald Young and his wife Karen and their children Kimberly and Andrew Young; David Young and his wife Robin and their children David and Jordan; Mary Anne Young and her daughter Natalie Amershek. Eileen has five great-grandchildren Nicholas Young, Elizabeth Vivien Young, Oscar Valentine Young, Isadora Magenta Beck and Caliope Beck; several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband Hugh in 2003, and a sister Leora Ayers.
There will be no public calling hours.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013, at Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church. Burial will be in the Cedar Grove Cemetery.
Arrangements are with the Durfee Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church, 10 Washington Street, Fair Haven, VT 05743.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.