Merged Vt. electric utility, union make single dealThe Associated Press | January 15,2013COLCHESTER — About 300 unionized workers and Green Mountain Power have reached a five-year labor agreement that brings all employees under one contract after the company's expansion following its merger with the Central Vermont Public Service Corp.
GMP said today the contract with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 300 brings all union employees together under a single contract.
Before last year's merger, workers for GMP and CVPS belonged to the same union, but worked under different contracts.
The details of the contract were not released.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation