Richard O. Berry RitesJanuary 15,2013Richard O. Berry Rites
The funeral service for Richard Ogden Berry, 98, of Rutland, who died Jan. 10, 2013, was held Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, at the Grace Congregational United Church of Christ. The Rev. John C. Weatherhogg, senior minister, officiated.
Eulogists were Bill Seward, Bruce Howard and Tom Johnston.
Remembrances were given by friends.
Organist was Rip Jackson.
Bearers were Dean and Brian Lawrence, Roger Garrow, Bill Seward, Ray Parker, and Ken Curtis, all members of the Cairo Shriners Patrol-Drum Corps.
The Rutland Lodge 79 F&AM conducted their service on Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013, at the Tossing Funeral Home, under the direction of Past Master Tom Johnston, Chaplain Jim Goss Sr., Warden Rod McPhee, and Jr. Warden Ray Parker.
The Tossing Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.