Richard O. Berry RitesJanuary 15,2013Richard O. Berry Rites
The funeral service for Richard Ogden Berry, 98, of Rutland, who died Jan. 10, 2013, was held Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, at the Grace Congregational United Church of Christ. The Rev. John C. Weatherhogg, senior minister, officiated.
Eulogists were Bill Seward, Bruce Howard and Tom Johnston.
Remembrances were given by friends.
Organist was Rip Jackson.
Bearers were Dean and Brian Lawrence, Roger Garrow, Bill Seward, Ray Parker, and Ken Curtis, all members of the Cairo Shriners Patrol-Drum Corps.
The Rutland Lodge 79 F&AM conducted their service on Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013, at the Tossing Funeral Home, under the direction of Past Master Tom Johnston, Chaplain Jim Goss Sr., Warden Rod McPhee, and Jr. Warden Ray Parker.
The Tossing Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.