Philip QuirkJanuary 13,2013Philip Quirk Rites
Funeral services for Philip J. Quirk, 53, of Rutland Town, who died Jan. 8, 2013, were held Saturday, Jan. 12, at Christ the King Church in Rutland. Officiating was the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor.
Burial will be at a later date in Calvary Cemetery.
William Gower-Johnson was the organist. Brytani Munukka and Andrea Hathaway were vocalists. Readers were Sara Utley and Garrett Charleton.
The eulogy was offered by his sister, Deborah Quirk.
Bearers were Christopher Courcelle, William Courcelle, David Darton, Steven Walker, Garrett Charleton and James Rider.
Prayer services were held Friday afternoon at Clifford Funeral Home by Rev. Baker.
Contributions may be made to the Rutland County Humane Society or to Bridges and Beyond, c/o Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.