Philip QuirkJanuary 13,2013Philip Quirk Rites
Funeral services for Philip J. Quirk, 53, of Rutland Town, who died Jan. 8, 2013, were held Saturday, Jan. 12, at Christ the King Church in Rutland. Officiating was the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor.
Burial will be at a later date in Calvary Cemetery.
William Gower-Johnson was the organist. Brytani Munukka and Andrea Hathaway were vocalists. Readers were Sara Utley and Garrett Charleton.
The eulogy was offered by his sister, Deborah Quirk.
Bearers were Christopher Courcelle, William Courcelle, David Darton, Steven Walker, Garrett Charleton and James Rider.
Prayer services were held Friday afternoon at Clifford Funeral Home by Rev. Baker.
Contributions may be made to the Rutland County Humane Society or to Bridges and Beyond, c/o Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.