Shirley CooperJanuary 13,2013
Shirley CooperShirley Cooper
FORT PIERCE, Fla. — Shirley Cooper, 89, of Fort Pierce, died Jan. 9, 2013, at Treasure Coast Hospice.
She was born in Rutland, Vt., where she lived and raised her family until moving to Florida 44 years ago.
Prior to retiring, she owned and operated Eno’s Market in Rutland with her first husband, Clarence Eno.
She was a member of the Indian River Presbyterian Church in Fort Pierce.
She enjoyed lighthouses and butterflies.
Survivors include her husband of 42 years, Gerald Cooper; two sons, Ronald Eno of Rutland, Vt., and James Eno of West Haven, Vt.; two granddaughters; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her first husband Clarence Eno; a son, Edward Eno; a granddaughter; sisters Martha and Beverly; and a brother, Reginald.
Friends may call Tuesday, Jan. 15, from 4 to 6 p.m., with a funeral service at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 16, at Yates Funeral Home and Crematory in Fort Pierce.
Memorial contributions may be made to Treasure Coast Hospice, 5000 Dunn Road, Fort Pierce, FL 34981.
Yates Funeral Home, Fort Pierce Chapel, is in charge of arrangements.
An online guestbook is available at www.yatesfuneralhome.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.