Charlestown, N.H., woman lies about friend’s deathJanuary 12,2013BELLOWS FALLS — A Charlestown, N.H., woman was arrested for allegedly lying about a man’s death.
Luke Van Ranst, 28, of Charlestown, N.H., called Julene Alva, 28, the day he died Dec. 4.
According to Alva, Van Ranst called for a ride and when Alva and her friend arrived, they found him collapsed in a New Hampshire parking lot.
Alva said she did not know how he died but autopsy results later confirmed it was a drug and alcohol overdose.
Alva and her friend recanted their story and admitted that Van Ranst was part of a group that obtained, used and transported a significant quantity of drugs from Massachusetts into Vermont.
Alva will be arraigned in criminal court in Brattleboro on Feb. 26.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.