Charlestown, N.H., woman lies about friend’s deathJanuary 12,2013BELLOWS FALLS — A Charlestown, N.H., woman was arrested for allegedly lying about a man’s death.
Luke Van Ranst, 28, of Charlestown, N.H., called Julene Alva, 28, the day he died Dec. 4.
According to Alva, Van Ranst called for a ride and when Alva and her friend arrived, they found him collapsed in a New Hampshire parking lot.
Alva said she did not know how he died but autopsy results later confirmed it was a drug and alcohol overdose.
Alva and her friend recanted their story and admitted that Van Ranst was part of a group that obtained, used and transported a significant quantity of drugs from Massachusetts into Vermont.
Alva will be arraigned in criminal court in Brattleboro on Feb. 26.MORE IN This Just InTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.