Police: drive-by didn't happenJanuary 12,2013MANCHESTER — Police said Friday that a man who claimed to be the victim of a drive-by shooting had actually shot himself.
Manchester Police said their investigation determined that Donald Ely-Gardner's wound was self-inflicted and that “his intentions were to injure himself.”
A friend brought Ely-Gardner, 27, to the Manchester Police Department on New Year's Eve with a chest wound that appeared to be caused by a small-caliber handgun, according to police. Police said Ely-Gardner told them he had been out getting cigarettes when he was shot by a passing driver on Route 7A.
Police said Ely-Gardner was in stable condition at Albany Medical Center and that they did not expect to release any additional information on the incident.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and Arts Editor Jim Lowe discuss some of the stories planned for the Thursday, July 10, 2014, edition of the newspaper: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump. 0Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and Arts Editor Jim Lowe discuss some of the stories planned... Full StoryCASTLETON — For the first time in 18 years, the Castleton concerts are hitting the stage... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.
- Demolition of blighted property on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: John Surratt lives as free man until his natural death in 1914, sliced bread sold on this day in 1928 for the first time in history, model and actress Virginia Rappe born this day in 1891, Roscoe Arbuckle's career collapses.