Police: drive-by didn't happenJanuary 12,2013MANCHESTER — Police said Friday that a man who claimed to be the victim of a drive-by shooting had actually shot himself.
Manchester Police said their investigation determined that Donald Ely-Gardner's wound was self-inflicted and that “his intentions were to injure himself.”
A friend brought Ely-Gardner, 27, to the Manchester Police Department on New Year's Eve with a chest wound that appeared to be caused by a small-caliber handgun, according to police. Police said Ely-Gardner told them he had been out getting cigarettes when he was shot by a passing driver on Route 7A.
Police said Ely-Gardner was in stable condition at Albany Medical Center and that they did not expect to release any additional information on the incident.MORE IN This Just InBillings Farm & Museum in Woodstock will host its annual Baby Animal Day on Saturday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.