Robert J. PrenevostJanuary 12,2013Robert J. Prenevost
Robert J. Prenevost, 90, died Jan. 10, 2013, at The Pines at Rutland.
He was born May 13, 1922, in West Rutland, the son of Alfred and Beatrice (Viezna) Prenevost.
He was a graduate of West Rutland High School.
He was employed by Rutland Railroad Co, Howe Scale Inc. and Ronay’s Famous Shoes.
He was a member of Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Rutland Elks Lodge, Rutland Moose Lodge and Eagles Club.
He was a fan of the N.Y. Giants and N.Y. Yankees.
Surviving are a son, Robert W. Prenevost and his wife, Nancy of Bomoseen; two grandchildren, Jason Prenevost of Bomoseen, and Kristen Ramey of Hampton, N.Y.; and two great-grandsons, Aubrey and Sawyer Ramey.
He was predeceased by his wife, Lucille (Sharp) Prenevost in 2004.
A funeral service will be held Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013, at 3 p.m. in the Clifford Funeral Home.
Friends may call at the funeral home on Sunday from 1:30 to 3 p.m.
Burial will be held at a later date in St. Joseph Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Vt. Alzheimer’s Assn., care of Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.