Robert J. PrenevostJanuary 12,2013Robert J. Prenevost
Robert J. Prenevost, 90, died Jan. 10, 2013, at The Pines at Rutland.
He was born May 13, 1922, in West Rutland, the son of Alfred and Beatrice (Viezna) Prenevost.
He was a graduate of West Rutland High School.
He was employed by Rutland Railroad Co, Howe Scale Inc. and Ronay’s Famous Shoes.
He was a member of Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Rutland Elks Lodge, Rutland Moose Lodge and Eagles Club.
He was a fan of the N.Y. Giants and N.Y. Yankees.
Surviving are a son, Robert W. Prenevost and his wife, Nancy of Bomoseen; two grandchildren, Jason Prenevost of Bomoseen, and Kristen Ramey of Hampton, N.Y.; and two great-grandsons, Aubrey and Sawyer Ramey.
He was predeceased by his wife, Lucille (Sharp) Prenevost in 2004.
A funeral service will be held Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013, at 3 p.m. in the Clifford Funeral Home.
Friends may call at the funeral home on Sunday from 1:30 to 3 p.m.
Burial will be held at a later date in St. Joseph Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Vt. Alzheimer’s Assn., care of Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.