Charles L. Baker RitesJanuary 12,2013Charles L. Baker Rites
The funeral service for Charles Loren Baker, 69, who died Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013, at his home, was held Friday, Jan. 11, 2013, at the United Methodist Church of Rutland.
The Rev. Deborah Estey officiated. The organist and soloist was Ellen Wakker.
Selections were played by the handbell choir, Bells of Joy.
Vocalists were members of the United Methodist Church Choir.
A reading was given by Wallingford Fire Chief Stephane Goulet. Charles Gauthier offered the fireman’s prayer. The last bell service was by Robert Kilpeck.
Bearers were members of the Wallingford Volunteer Fire Department.
Honorary bearers were members and retired members of the Wallingford, Clarendon, Danby-Mt. Tabor, Proctor, Brandon, Castleton, Rutland City and Rutland Town fire departments.
A reception was held immediately following the service at the Rutland United Methodist Church Hall.
The casket was carried to the church in the Wallingford Fire Department’s 1936 Garrison Fire Truck, “The Old Girl.”
Burial will be at a later date in the Green Hill Cemetery in Wallingford.
On Thursday evening at the Aldous Funeral Home, Charles Gauthier from the Wallingford Fire Department offered remarks and a prayer.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Wallingford Volunteer Fire Department, PO Box 280, Wallingford, VT 05773.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.