Charles L. Baker RitesJanuary 12,2013Charles L. Baker Rites
The funeral service for Charles Loren Baker, 69, who died Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013, at his home, was held Friday, Jan. 11, 2013, at the United Methodist Church of Rutland.
The Rev. Deborah Estey officiated. The organist and soloist was Ellen Wakker.
Selections were played by the handbell choir, Bells of Joy.
Vocalists were members of the United Methodist Church Choir.
A reading was given by Wallingford Fire Chief Stephane Goulet. Charles Gauthier offered the fireman’s prayer. The last bell service was by Robert Kilpeck.
Bearers were members of the Wallingford Volunteer Fire Department.
Honorary bearers were members and retired members of the Wallingford, Clarendon, Danby-Mt. Tabor, Proctor, Brandon, Castleton, Rutland City and Rutland Town fire departments.
A reception was held immediately following the service at the Rutland United Methodist Church Hall.
The casket was carried to the church in the Wallingford Fire Department’s 1936 Garrison Fire Truck, “The Old Girl.”
Burial will be at a later date in the Green Hill Cemetery in Wallingford.
On Thursday evening at the Aldous Funeral Home, Charles Gauthier from the Wallingford Fire Department offered remarks and a prayer.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Wallingford Volunteer Fire Department, PO Box 280, Wallingford, VT 05773.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?