Charles L. Baker RitesJanuary 12,2013Charles L. Baker Rites
The funeral service for Charles Loren Baker, 69, who died Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013, at his home, was held Friday, Jan. 11, 2013, at the United Methodist Church of Rutland.
The Rev. Deborah Estey officiated. The organist and soloist was Ellen Wakker.
Selections were played by the handbell choir, Bells of Joy.
Vocalists were members of the United Methodist Church Choir.
A reading was given by Wallingford Fire Chief Stephane Goulet. Charles Gauthier offered the fireman’s prayer. The last bell service was by Robert Kilpeck.
Bearers were members of the Wallingford Volunteer Fire Department.
Honorary bearers were members and retired members of the Wallingford, Clarendon, Danby-Mt. Tabor, Proctor, Brandon, Castleton, Rutland City and Rutland Town fire departments.
A reception was held immediately following the service at the Rutland United Methodist Church Hall.
The casket was carried to the church in the Wallingford Fire Department’s 1936 Garrison Fire Truck, “The Old Girl.”
Burial will be at a later date in the Green Hill Cemetery in Wallingford.
On Thursday evening at the Aldous Funeral Home, Charles Gauthier from the Wallingford Fire Department offered remarks and a prayer.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Wallingford Volunteer Fire Department, PO Box 280, Wallingford, VT 05773.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.