Investigation: Deeghan overcharged $213,000The Associated Press | January 12,2013BURLINGTON — New documents allege that a former Vermont State Police sergeant accused of padding his time sheets obtained overpayments of nearly $212,000 over six years.
James Deeghan is expected to face new criminal charges.
Deeghan is due in court Monday for a change-of-plea hearing on two felony charges that he claimed 63 hours of overtime in June that he didn’t work.
Investigators had believed he overcharged almost $140,000 from Dec. 21, 2008, to July 14, 2012. But a new police affidavit filed Friday said the investigation now shows that Deeghan had overcharged nearly $212,000.
He resigned in July.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation