BURLINGTON — A Vermont man has pleaded guilty to persuading a 12-year-old girl to take nude photos of herself and send the images to his cellphone.
The U.S. Attorney’s office says 26-year-old Richard Fletcher of Sheffield pleaded guilty to producing, receiving and possessing child pornography in federal court Wednesday.
Fletcher admitted that in 2011 he persuaded the girl in Utah to take the photos and send him the images.
Fletcher and the girl never met face-to-face. Prosecutors said he met her on a social media website, obtained her cellphone number, and began calling and texting her. They said he pressed for the photos after persuading the girl that he loved her and wanted her to be his girlfriend.
Fletcher is scheduled to be sentenced on April 22.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Vermont kept its No. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.