BURLINGTON — A Vermont man has pleaded guilty to persuading a 12-year-old girl to take nude photos of herself and send the images to his cellphone.
The U.S. Attorney’s office says 26-year-old Richard Fletcher of Sheffield pleaded guilty to producing, receiving and possessing child pornography in federal court Wednesday.
Fletcher admitted that in 2011 he persuaded the girl in Utah to take the photos and send him the images.
Fletcher and the girl never met face-to-face. Prosecutors said he met her on a social media website, obtained her cellphone number, and began calling and texting her. They said he pressed for the photos after persuading the girl that he loved her and wanted her to be his girlfriend.
Fletcher is scheduled to be sentenced on April 22.MORE IN Vermont NewsBARRE — Republican Scott Milne promised to steer the state away from Gov. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.