BURLINGTON — A Vermont man has pleaded guilty to persuading a 12-year-old girl to take nude photos of herself and send the images to his cellphone.
The U.S. Attorney’s office says 26-year-old Richard Fletcher of Sheffield pleaded guilty to producing, receiving and possessing child pornography in federal court Wednesday.
Fletcher admitted that in 2011 he persuaded the girl in Utah to take the photos and send him the images.
Fletcher and the girl never met face-to-face. Prosecutors said he met her on a social media website, obtained her cellphone number, and began calling and texting her. They said he pressed for the photos after persuading the girl that he loved her and wanted her to be his girlfriend.
Fletcher is scheduled to be sentenced on April 22.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Senate on Tuesday advanced a GMO labeling bill that sets Vermont on a course to be the first... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.