Vermont offering gun range grantsBy Josh OGorman | January 11,2013MONTPELIER- The Fish & Wildlife Department is offering grants to help create more shooting ranges.
Shooting clubs, sportsmen’s groups and government agencies involved in the operation of shooting ranges are invited to apply for a grant funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Examples of projects that could be eligible for funding include noise abatement structures, shooting pads and stations, lead mitigation, access roads and parking lots.
The grants will reimburse 75 percent of the cost of work performed. The deadline to apply is 4:30 p.m., Jan. 31. For more information, call Chris Saunders at 241-3722 or visit www.vtfishandwildlife.com.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation