Delphine MorganJanuary 11,2013Delphine Morgan
Delphine “Giorgi” Morgan, 88, of Rutland died Jan. 8, 2013, at Genesis Elder Care Mountain View Center.
She was born in Connellsville, Pa., the daughter of Joseph and Catherine (Corteal) Giordano.
She relocated to Rutland in 1963, and was employed as a nurse by the Rutland Hospital and then by the McKerley’s Nursing Home (that became Genesis Elder Care Mountain View Center), retiring in 2004.
Survivors include a son Alfred “Kirke” Morgan Jr. of Rutland; a sister Helen Lewinoski of Pittsburgh, Pa.; and several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband Alfred Morgan Sr. in 1994, and a brother Joe Giordano.
Graveside services will be at a later date in the Evergreen Cemetery.
Arrangements are by Aldous Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.