Joseph E. KaminskiJanuary 10,2013
Joseph E. KaminskiJoseph E. Kaminski
WEST RUTLAND — Joseph E. Kaminski, 74, died Sunday, January 6, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center, following a long illness.
He was born on March 14, 1938, in Lynn, Mass., the son of Joseph and Anna (Hunt) Kaminski.
Joe was formerly employed as a draftsman at GE in Lynn, Mass., for many years.
He was a very patient and soft-spoken man with a great sense of humor, who easily made friends.
He had a passion for trains, planes, enjoyed animals and woodworking, and was an excellent, unbeatable, Scrabble player and loved to read the dictionary.
He is survived by his wife, Loraine of West Rutland; a stepdaughter, Kristen Carpentier and her husband Stephen of Pittsford; a stepson, Lee Hoyt of Maine; a sister, Joan Cheever of Lynn, Mass.; nieces and nephews.
He was predeceased by a sister, Louise Broderick of Pompano Beach, Fla.
There will be no calling hours.
Family and friends may call at the Barnard Funeral Home in Pittsford on Saturday, January 12, from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. with a memorial service to be held at 3:00 p.m.
For those who wish, memorial contributions in Joe’s memory may be made to cancer.org.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.