SOUTH BURLINGTON — Police in South Burlington have accused a man of stashing a stolen computer in a stroller with a small child.
They said Eric Johnson was caught on camera Monday at Pine Computers, allegedly taking a $600 computer off a display and putting the computer in the stroller before leaving.
Police said he tried to buy a computer, but the sale was not completed because a canceled credit card was used.
On Tuesday, police arrested the 39-year-old Johnson as he was trying to leave the University Inn, less than a half mile away from the store.
He has been charged with petty larceny.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation