SOUTH BURLINGTON — Police in South Burlington have accused a man of stashing a stolen computer in a stroller with a small child.
They said Eric Johnson was caught on camera Monday at Pine Computers, allegedly taking a $600 computer off a display and putting the computer in the stroller before leaving.
Police said he tried to buy a computer, but the sale was not completed because a canceled credit card was used.
On Tuesday, police arrested the 39-year-old Johnson as he was trying to leave the University Inn, less than a half mile away from the store.
He has been charged with petty larceny.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.