SOUTH BURLINGTON — Police in South Burlington have accused a man of stashing a stolen computer in a stroller with a small child.
They said Eric Johnson was caught on camera Monday at Pine Computers, allegedly taking a $600 computer off a display and putting the computer in the stroller before leaving.
Police said he tried to buy a computer, but the sale was not completed because a canceled credit card was used.
On Tuesday, police arrested the 39-year-old Johnson as he was trying to leave the University Inn, less than a half mile away from the store.
He has been charged with petty larceny.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Senate on Tuesday advanced a GMO labeling bill that sets Vermont on a course to be the first... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.