MONTPELIER — The Vermont National Guard says the United States Air Force has delayed the release of a final environmental impact statement on plans on where to base its next-generation fighter jet, the F-35, until the spring.
The Air Force says it needs to update the document to include 2010 census data for all six locations being considered.
The Vermont National Guard was notified on Wednesday evening. The delay will push back a decision on where the F-35s will be based.
The Air Force says it expects to start basing the F-35s at the first location in 2015.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation