Local man cited for drunk drivingJanuary 08,2013RUTLAND — A local man was cited for driving under the influence of alcohol after a one-vehicle crash on Sunday morning, according to Senior Trooper Aron McNeil of the Vermont State Police.
Around 4 a.m., members of the West Rutland Fire Department and Vermont State Police were dispatched to Exit 6 of Route 4 in West Rutland. At the scene, police determined that a car had slid off the roadway. There were no injuries or damages to the vehicle.
Investigation found that Eric Reid, 21, of Rutland, had been driving a 2010 Mazda MZ3 west on Route 4 when he slid off the lightly-snow-covered roadway at Exit 6.
Police said Reid had been drinking alcohol before the crash.
Reid was arrested at the scene and processed at the Rutland barracks of the Vermont State Police. He was released with a citation to appear in Rutland criminal court Jan. 28.
His car was towed from the scene.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.