Local man cited for drunk drivingJanuary 08,2013RUTLAND — A local man was cited for driving under the influence of alcohol after a one-vehicle crash on Sunday morning, according to Senior Trooper Aron McNeil of the Vermont State Police.
Around 4 a.m., members of the West Rutland Fire Department and Vermont State Police were dispatched to Exit 6 of Route 4 in West Rutland. At the scene, police determined that a car had slid off the roadway. There were no injuries or damages to the vehicle.
Investigation found that Eric Reid, 21, of Rutland, had been driving a 2010 Mazda MZ3 west on Route 4 when he slid off the lightly-snow-covered roadway at Exit 6.
Police said Reid had been drinking alcohol before the crash.
Reid was arrested at the scene and processed at the Rutland barracks of the Vermont State Police. He was released with a citation to appear in Rutland criminal court Jan. 28.
His car was towed from the scene.MORE IN This Just InTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish like to gather around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.