Local man cited for drunk drivingJanuary 08,2013RUTLAND — A local man was cited for driving under the influence of alcohol after a one-vehicle crash on Sunday morning, according to Senior Trooper Aron McNeil of the Vermont State Police.
Around 4 a.m., members of the West Rutland Fire Department and Vermont State Police were dispatched to Exit 6 of Route 4 in West Rutland. At the scene, police determined that a car had slid off the roadway. There were no injuries or damages to the vehicle.
Investigation found that Eric Reid, 21, of Rutland, had been driving a 2010 Mazda MZ3 west on Route 4 when he slid off the lightly-snow-covered roadway at Exit 6.
Police said Reid had been drinking alcohol before the crash.
Reid was arrested at the scene and processed at the Rutland barracks of the Vermont State Police. He was released with a citation to appear in Rutland criminal court Jan. 28.
His car was towed from the scene.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.