Local man cited for drunk drivingJanuary 08,2013RUTLAND — A local man was cited for driving under the influence of alcohol after a one-vehicle crash on Sunday morning, according to Senior Trooper Aron McNeil of the Vermont State Police.
Around 4 a.m., members of the West Rutland Fire Department and Vermont State Police were dispatched to Exit 6 of Route 4 in West Rutland. At the scene, police determined that a car had slid off the roadway. There were no injuries or damages to the vehicle.
Investigation found that Eric Reid, 21, of Rutland, had been driving a 2010 Mazda MZ3 west on Route 4 when he slid off the lightly-snow-covered roadway at Exit 6.
Police said Reid had been drinking alcohol before the crash.
Reid was arrested at the scene and processed at the Rutland barracks of the Vermont State Police. He was released with a citation to appear in Rutland criminal court Jan. 28.
His car was towed from the scene.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.