Police: Woman's foot slips; drives into trainStaff Report | January 08,2013MIDDLESEX – Vermont State Police say a woman drove into a moving train after her foot accidentally slipped Tuesday morning from the brake to the accelerator.
Colleen R. Bloom, 59, of Middlesex, was driving on Cross Road in Middlesex when she attempted to stop for the Amtrak train going by and her foot slipped. There were 24 passengers on the train, but state police say no one, including Bloom, was hurt in the crash.
The train was traveling at 59 mph and knocked Bloom's Toyota Rav 4 to the side after impact. State police say the vehicle sustained substantial front end damage and the train was stopped for an hour because of the crash.MORE IN This Just InFire crews responded to an alarm activation at the Rutland Mental Health offices at around 9:15 a.m. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.